Wetaskiwin has an exciting opportunity for an Registered Nurse on their maternity unit. Wetaskiwin labor and delivery is a busy rural delivery site with approximately 350 deliveries per year and 1500 outpatients. As a combined L&D/ post-partum unit, your experience as a rural maternity nurse will be invaluable to the team. This opportunity will allow you to utilize your excellent nursing skills while positively impacting the patient’s perception of the care received.
As an Obstetrics/Labour and Delivery Registered Nurse (RN) you will report to the Obstetric Care Manager. You will provide care to mothers, infants as well as support family focused care throughout the antenatal, intrapartum, and post-partum experience. In your role you will be required to teach patients and families, as well as guide and mentor students and other health professionals. You will be providing support in the operating room during cesarean sections and other procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current obstetrical nursing education ( MoreOB- Alberta Perinatal Health Program).
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Certification in Acute Care of at-Risk Newborns (ACoRN).
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Minimum two years within the past five years of acute care experience.
- Certification in Neonatal Resustiation Program (NRP).
- Completion of Fetal Health Surveillance Course Minimum two years within the past five years pediatrics and/or obstetrics experience.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CRNA).
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A