As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you are part of an interprofessional health care team utilizing nursing processes, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. You will be guided by your education, experience, demonstrated skill level and AHS policies and procedures. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and families. The LPN provides safe and effective nursing care according to hospital policies and nursing care standards. Working within the full scope of practice, the LPN observes, monitors, reports, and documents changes in the patient’s physical, mental, and emotional state and assists the patient with activities of daily living. The LPN is responsible to collaborate as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, delivering consistent quality care to meet the needs of the patient.
- Understanding of CoAct and collaborative care in the acute care setting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in adult med/surgery nursing experience within the last 2 years.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse education program.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A