The Rural Capacity Investment Fund will be used to support recruitment and retention initiatives aimed at challenges experienced by health care sites/programs/positions deemed by the parties to be “difficult to recruit to” in the North, Central, and South Zones. All initiatives approved under the Fund will focus on producing a stable workforce and sustaining that stability over the longer term. Through a consensus-based decision-making model, the primary function of the Committee is to ensure appropriate and full use of the funds to address rural and remote recruitment and retention challenges. The parties are seeking an experienced Facilitator to assist in the administration of the Fund over a 2-year period, until at least March 31, 2024.
- Assist the committee in setting norms and terms of reference.
- Render binding decisions when the committee cannot reach consensus. This may include deciding between competing proposals, or devising appropriate alternate solutions.
- Educate and lead the committee on the consensus-based decision-making model.
- Chair meetings and lead consensus-building sessions.
- Active listening skills with the ability to navigate complex issues, sometimes with competing interests.
- Outstanding ability to gather, summarize and communicate information/data to build consensus and chart a course forward.
- Ability to analyze competing priorities and render sound decisions.
- Planning and leadership skills to chair productive meeting environment.
- Problem-solving, analytical, and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Superior communication (written & verbal), with the ability to carry discussions at a strategic level.
Qualification & Experience:
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience as a neutral third-party facilitator using consensus-based decision making, with special consideration given to those with experience in human resource management and/or healthcare. Certification by the Alberta Dispute Resolution Institute of Alberta (ADRIA) is preferred.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A