If you are a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to enhance your skill set and become specialized in the care of acute neuroscience patients, look no further! Located on the 11th floor of the Foothills Medical Centre (FMC), the unit offers almost full 360 degree unobstructed views of downtown Calgary, the river valley and the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Unit 112 is a 28 bed cardiac monitored unit that is fast paced, one of a kind unit within Alberta Health Services that provides specialized care that includes the management of acute strokes, brain injuries, brain tumors, spinal cord injuries and other neurological issue
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Previous spine nursing experience.
- Cardiac monitoring experience.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CRNA).
- One to two years’ experience in an acute post-operative / surgical setting.
- Previous experience orientating new staff or preceptoring students.
- Previous neuroscience nursing experience.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A