As an Administrative Support III, you will require advanced administrative or specialized skills and knowledge to support complex procedures, practices and initiatives within a department or program. Incumbent needs to be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Under the supervision of the Health Information Management team lead the Administrative Support III is responsible for registration services for the Emergency department. The position is also responsible for completing inpatient admissions and ambulatory care visits in registration system. Position also performs a variety of other tasks such as taking payments for uninsured services and supplies.
- Must have a proven record of maintaining privacy with sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to work under little supervision and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Medical office assistant or unit clerk program is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive manner.
- Keyboarding of 40 wpm (corrected for errors) test will be administered.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Medical terminology certificate (test will be administered).
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A